Not “centrists” in the traditional sense, they’re an endangered species. I mean the “center” of the Democrat Party. The ones who are trying to bring all the conflicting ideologies together. The ones who are trying to bring the different identity-politics aggrieved groups together. We’re told there’s more uniting (Senator Klobuchar’s remarks) Democrats than dividing them, but listen to what’s uniting them: a hatred of Trump and Republicans. So what will happen when Democrats have no more external rivals?
We Already Saw That
It seemed certain Dems would be in power forever. Hillary was going to be President, Obama bypassed Congress and proved you only needed the presidency and bureaucracy to run the country, and the Republicans cowered from resisting anytime a journalist so much as looked in their direction. Now that the country was unified it was time for the factions to address their grievances. Time for Obama to be for gay marriage after being
against it when he was running for President after he was for it while still in Chicago, time for black lives to matter, there is no such thing as radical Islam, there is no such thing as voter fraud, there is no such thing as someone living in this country who can’t vote, there is no such thing as a southern border and the government will sue if you try to enforce one, and there is no such thing as a socialist government that failed (a question I like posing: if trickle-down economics doesn’t work because the people at the top are evil and keep all the money, how would trickle-down government, ie socialism, work any better? What is Government but a corporation with a gun pointed at you?).
Democrats eventually rallied behind Hillary to try and defeat the evil Trump, but before Trump was the candidate, when it seemed certain they’d win, Democrats were tearing each other to pieces.
- Someone dared challenge Hillary Clinton on her superpredators remark.
- Bernie was able to give the party elders a run for their money
- the current Deputy Chairman of the DNC endorsed Bernie, and so did members of the national committee.
- the party was divided on policy issues, like gun-grabbing and socialist policies.
- Black Lives Matter, which only 12% of the black community opposes and which most Democrats support, fought the LGBTQ community (because they weren’t black-centric)
- Even Vox, in March of 2016, saw fit to publish “American politics has reached peak polarization”, which indicates that internal divisions in the DNC were at their highest ever
This fragmentation briefly disappeared in time for Democrats to unite behind Hillary at the voting booth, but when that effort failed their coalition collapsed. Open hatred of whites became even more mainstream, socialism is now their new platform, open borders is their future (DNC Chair Perez claimed that open-borders socialist Alexandria “right of passage” Ocasio-Cortez was the future of the party, interestingly enough she also wants to make sure every person in this country whether legal or otherwise,
without paying a dime, gets free money and the government gives them free medical care, an interesting proposition to bankrupt the working people because the rich will do what they do in all high–tax situations and flee to another country (like say one of those socialist European paradises the Left always mentions which actually abandoned socialism, and even if Ocasio-Cortez seized every penny our millionaires owned there wouldn’t be enough to pay for all these socialist programs, just ask Bernie) leaving the workers to pay for her programs and the new non-working residents the programs attract from poor countries, some socialist she is! Democrats, including her, in total have asked for $42.5 Trillion in new spending over 10 years. They suggest cutting funding from the military to finance this… except we’re already almost $20 Trillion in debt, our total GDP in 2017 was just shy of $20 Trillion, we’re expecting only $3.4 Trillion in tax revenue, our budget calls for about $4.1 Trillion already on domestic spending, and defense spending will only be just under $700 billion in 2018, while if only Ocasio-Cortez’s guaranteed-jobs plan were in place this year it’d cost $680 billion, basically the ENTIRE military budget. If all Democrat plans are put into place, we’ll be spending $8.35 Trillion with a tax revenue of only $3.4 Trillion. So what will Ocasio-Cortez do for the rest of her stuff, print money? Tax the rich whether legally or otherwise (helpful hint- it won’t help, you’d net maybe another $700 Billion even if you took every cent they had, barely enough again to pay for JUST ONE program she proposed)? Do we get Official Ocasio-Cortez Wacky Bucks? Will she seize the means of production and use our full $20 Trillion GDP? But hey, she’s very representative of millennials in general, who believe socialism like this is ideal and cutting military spending and raising taxes and getting the wealthy to pay their fair share are magical goodies makers and that these goodies need to be funneled from the government to the population, where the government takes a cut to fund the new bureaucracies created to give you that money when the IRS is all that’s needed, giving you money is already part of their job if you overpaid on taxes. Sigh. Does anyone remember back when Democrats were cutting taxes on the wealthy, to beneath what Republicans did? Because anyone who says the economy does better under Democrats and their high taxes only gets half the picture.). Meanwhile, party elders like Senate Minority Leader Schumer are being protested by their own voters, and House Minority Leader Pelosi seems like she missed a memo when she said that we should be strong on borders, sounding a lot like a Republican. Why isn’t Univision calling her a racist?
As for other elements of the Left’s coalition:
- Pelosi’s latino angels are firebombing black families
- Nancy Pelosi herself admitted that she does not believe in gender equality, rather, she believes women should be dominant. In fact, Pelosi in her own words believes women are entitled to such dominance. Anyone paying attention to South Africa, where with Obama’s support (note that Obama praised this guy, who talked of targeting whites until they had nothing left, much like the Nazis with the Jews, and doubtless with a similar eventuality- I mean after all, what do you think people like him will do with whites once they have nothing more to give, give them a “universal basic income”? HA! Sure, a basic income of watered-down soup and moldy bread crumbs) we’re seeing what a previously oppressed group does when it’s told it’s entitled to lead.
- white people, of course, must shut up, the same whites who put money into that little girl’s campaign coffers. (Yes, I standby characterizing her as a little girl, because only children rebel like that against their parents- in this case, donors)
- the DNC told its staff that whites, again: their money bags, should not apply for jobs with them
- and stuff like this, again targeting whites… where are we, South Africa? No wonder Trevor Noah has a show…
- Liberals love to hate PACs and the rich. Well, guess who uses them way more. The same party that received more money in campaign contributions (Democrats, for those who didn’t follow the link). Biting the hand that feeds you!
- #MeToo has been harsh on Dems. Most of the Hollywooders involved, like big donor Harvey Weinstein, are Dem donors of course. And several Democrats in office were taken out.
- the black community still hates homosexuals (even the politicians love homophobe Farrakhan, as do 50% of blacks as of March this year)…
- …and the hatred is mutual
- a third of American Muslims openly don’t like homosexuals (the numbers are improving, but I still wouldn’t suggest asking one to bake your cake, and I reeeally would be skeptical of a Congresswoman who repeatedly says her Palestinian heritage of “gays get 3 bullets to the chest” keeps her going)
- speaking of mutual hatreds, how the donors and the socialists?
- And of course we have the wild shift to the Left, which left Rep. Crowley in the dust and will consign more moderate Dems to the dustbin of history, and which as mentioned led to Democrats actually turning against their party elders re: Bernie.
- Such a shift to the Left that the lefties now think “liberal” is a pejorative because it means someone who isn’t far enough to the Left
I’d say the media are doing a good job, by praising the socialists and not publishing anything bad about the establishment. Trump has been a hero to the media on that account- they can fill their news cycle 24/7 with stories about him, and ignore Democrat divisions. And also ignore 66 people being shot in one weekend in Chicago, 30 of them in 3 hours, but as Family Guy pointed out no one cares about blacks shooting each other. (Don Lemon seems to agree, he spent his programs immediately after the shooting calling Trump a racist for daring to call Lemon an idiot.) Oh yeah, and ignore how it was Muslims that were responsible for the starving kidnapped kids in Arizona. Funny how that detail slipped by in all the anti-Trump rage.
Stuffing it under the carpet that you hope your female demographic licks is one tactic. Another is the above notation on Senator Klobuchar, who acknowledged there are divisions but say their common enemy unites them. Of course AFTER Trump is through, that common enemy would be either capitalism or whites in general.
Then you have the Pelosi tactic of trying to say you agree with both sides, even if that leads to a contradiction between demanding strong border security as shown above and championing open borders. But like we saw with RINOs such as Dean Heller and Susan Collins, it’s easy to take positions opposite of what you truly believe when your party is in the minority thus not allowing you to act anyway.
You Uh… You Didn’t Answer The Question
Can the center hold? Nope. If Republicans win, the Dems shift even farther Left with the centrists either becoming radicalized or splitting from the party. If Republicans lose, the Democrat coalition falls apart because it still has all of that anger and hatred, but now doesn’t have a satisfying target, except the other folks on their team who suddenly seem quite different now that it comes time to pick apart America’s corpse and decide who gets the biggest share. Should it be women who’ve been oppressed by everyone for all of history? Should it be blacks who had to suffer through America’s “African Holocaust“?(I’m a little confused by this lady’s remarks- no one confronts the horrors of slavery? That’s news to me, it seems every day some Lefty, every other day a member of the Congressional Black Caucus, throws that in the face of a white GOPer, and certainly Trump has been attacked with it. Maybe she’s one of the millions that don’t watch CNN.) Should it be illegal immigrants who we all hate because they’re brown rather than because they broke laws and expect special favors for it, and who we stole the Southwest from before they could finish killing the natives? Should it be Muslim-Americans whom we’re all racist against because of Bush or something? Should it be the LGT community (which has about twice the membership of the Muslim community, is barely half the size of the official illegal immigrant community of 11 million that we’ve magically had for over 10 years despite repeated border surges, but is only a fraction of the Black and Hispanic communities- I’m not counting bisexuals because the L’s, G’s, and T’s hate them) because this group too has historically been oppressed, even in the socialist utopias that the liberal news outlet of choice New York Times praised (with one article praising how heterosexual women had better heterosexual sex under communism, ignoring how they’d be arrested for having lesbian sex- kind of homophobic to talk about how great heterosexual sex is in a country where being homosexual is illegal, isn’t it.)? That’s a lot of different groups that are going to want the biggest slice, and that already didn’t turn out well for the women’s march…